Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hits n Miss - Week of 25th Jan


Who: Mallika Sherwat
Where: Directors Guild Awards

Mallika hits all the right notes in this silver metallic body-con dress paired with silver gladiator shoes. Her hair is big though - step away from the hairspray, Mallika..And I would have gone with sky-high stilettos with this dress.


Who: Farah Ali Khan
Where: Ritu Kumar's event

Farah looks very sophisticated in this one-shoulder tulip dress in eye-catching blue. I esp. love the big flowers on the shoulder (reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw's flower brooches) and the same colored purse.

Who: Aanchal Kumar
Where: HDIL race

I was flipping thru the pictures of this event and the dress caught my eye - simple, yet so elegant. The simple silhoutette emphasizes her slim shoulders and the red lips are a nice touch. The clutch is perfect.

Who: Amrit Maghera
Where: Femina's unveiling of 50 most beautiful women

She does look genuinely happy to be at this event. On second thoughts, so would I be if I was one the 50 beautiful women in India.. I wonder if all 50 of them did a thank-you speech, hmmm.. Anyways, I digress - back to the dress. I love the sexy draping of this dress and the metallics on the shoulder. The clutch is a little big - two sizes smaller would have looked better.

Who: Anushka Sharma
Where: Femina's unveiling of 50 most beautiful women

Another silver dress - this time paired with black shoes. Anushka has changed her makeup/hair style and has gone from her demure look to a sultry one. I give her six months before "I will never wear a bikini but the scene demanded it":-) She sizzles here - certainly has the legs to pull this look.


Who: Kareena Kapoor
Where: Launch of Lonely Planet magazine


Kareena has gone for a minimalist look with this black and white halter gown. I wish she had accessorized - it would have taken the look up a notch. My number one rule when it comes to dressing is always, always wear earrings. Since she has pulled her hair back - hoops or dangles would have upgraded this look. She also needs to upgrade the man in her life but thats a story for another blog...


Oh no, what was she thinking!!

Who: Mandira Bedi
Where: HDIL race

This is a perfect example on how not to wear orange. The dress print is so tacky and the bag is all wrong. Mandira babes, you need to go back to ur sarees with spaghetti blouses.

Photo Credits : santabanta.com, filmicafe.com, bollywoodhungama.com, bharatbytes.com


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails