Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lakme Fashion Week, Winter Festive 2010 - Manish Arora

The first day of Lakme Fashion week was closed by Manish Arora. He presented a collection packed with psychedelic kaleidoscopic colors in abstract and art prints. The collection consisted of dresses with drapes, rouched blouses, bias cut skirts and sexy plunging V necklines which were at times were paired by rigid extended shoulders and wide sleeves. The collection had a very futuristic style with a robotic feel. All the models were in cropped colorful wigs and tribal makeup.

Few of Manish's prints in this collection reminded me of McQueen stuff.

I am going to come out and say upfront that I not a big fan of Manish since most of the stuff is best suited to the likes of Kate Perry and Lady GaGa. Its too kitschy for my taste..I was pleasantly surprise by this collection. If you can just look at the clothes, there are some (the emphasis being some) pieces that can be worn if you keep all other accessories really simple and your attitude cocky:-)



Red Carpet picks: This is a tough one!!

photo credits: pinkvilla.com

5 comments:

Andreia said...

So colourful!! It's very very funny!

http://makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com/

Tanvi said...

I do not see anything for myself here!

Vix said...

What fabulous pieces, wonderful stuff. xxx

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

I really like kitsch. And Arora is the king of Indian kitsch so there must be something. I look at these more like artistic geniuses!

Dusk said...

A bit too kitschy for my taste too... but... would totally wear;
- the first ensemble but I'd switch the colours, salmon on the top, aqua on the bottom
- I LOVE the 2nd dress but it's not suited to my body type :(
- 6th pic, dress if it was floor length
- the 7th pic... LOVE that dress.

I love the styling and the theatricality!! This is fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails